Our highly innovative product line comprises both digital and optical instrumentation, which we support with world class geotechnical research expertise. Typical applications include:
Ground movement monitoring
- Thermo-strings for mining in frozen ground
- VW sensors and interfaces for monitoring stress and pressure
- VW interfaces for water-level monitoring
- HID cells for stress change monitoring
- Temperature monitoring for deep mining
- High resolution (1.25mm) optical thermal monitoring
YieldPoint also provides research services to universities and government agencies, usually involving customized solutions to critical components of large research projects. Research partners we have worked with include:
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Canada’s Royal Military College
- University of Lulea, Sweden
- University of Saskatchewan
- NIOSH, the National Institute of Safety and Health National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health which is the U.S. federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related injury and illness
- Queens University in Kingston, Ontario.
- The National Research Council (NRC) of Canada.
For a list of published papers click here.