d-GMM (Spectre) Geotechnical Ground Movement Monitor
The microcontroller provides linearization, temperature compensation and outputs an ASCII encoded RS485 signal digital signal. Output signals can be transmitted over 250m/900ft without distortion. Each instrument is individually calibrated to ensure that the resolution (<0.01mm) and accuracy (0.25% typical) are an order of magnitude better than for similarly priced technology.
The digital form of the signals eliminates the necessity for expensive analog-to-digital conversion and results in low cost monitoring peripherals that output data in real world units (mm and degC). The instrumental is fully compatible with d-Logger, d-Mesh and d-Reader and can be networked using the IoT gateway.
- Borehole size: 30mm+
- Core Technology: magnetostrictive displacement sensor
- Output Signal: RS485 serial (9600,8,N,1) ASCII-encoded digital signal.
- Stroke (F.S.): 145mm, 250mm. Temp: -40 to 125oC
- Displacement Resolution: 0.01mm with hand held readout
- Displacement Linearity: typically 0.25% F.S
- Displacement Accuracy: better than +/- 0.5mm.
- Temperature Range: –40 – 125oC
- Temperature Accuracy: +/- 2oC –Digitally trimmed at 0oC and 25oC
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1oC
- Temp coeff for eddy current sensor : <0.01%FS/oC (0-50oC)
To order please specify:
- Lead wire length
- Lead wire polyethylene cover length
- Individually calibrated for highest accuracy
- High accuracy (0.5% FS) and resolution (0.01% FS)
- Digital (d-Tech) 145mm stroke length
- Individual calibration with coefficients stored in memory
- RS485 Output signal (9600, 8, N, 1) ASCII encoded
- Microcontroller provides output in real world units (mm and oC)
- Unique ID facilitates plug-and-play networking
- Digital temperature sensor for accurate compensation
- Magnetostrictive, non-contact technology for immunity to hostile environments
- Easy to interface with data loggers (d-LOGGER), Ethernet and radio telemetry
- Competitively priced
YieldPoint’s low cost d-READER readout unit or the new d-TAB. Both provide the temperature and displacement data directly in oC and mm.
Data from the d-EXTO can be collected using YieldPoint’s d-LOGGER dataloggers (d1LOGGER and d4LOGGER). Data can be download by any computer device running Windows including the convenient d-TAB.
Automated data retrieval:
Clusters of instruments (4 per Logger) that are monitored using YieldPoint’s d4LOGGER can be wireless networked using:
- dMESH – a 900MHz wireless mesh solution.
- IoT GateWay if Ethernet is available